Monday, May 25, 2015

Different inking on an old Christening card design..

Popping in to share a slight variation on a favourite older card design.
Yes a lot of you like the design and I get asked to make it time and again, so I can't do much else other than change it completely but I like it the way it is, with the arched window shapes.

That being said, adding a sprinkle of pink gives it a delicate touch of everything girly without being too pink.. I did use a soft brown and sublte grey colour scheme to achieve the layering but this time I ommitted the grey and used the palest pink hammered card from Craft Creations instead.



For stenciling the arch shapes inside the die, I used worn lipstick and a little pumice stone shades - from Tim Holtz distress inks. I find I am mixing them more and more now for projects, and the shade results are endless shades - love that!



Also, after finding cutrite wax paper from CraftyAngels in Newbridge, I have pulled out old dies - those I had stopped using because of how difficult some are to retrieve the cuts from the dies themselves - delighted I can use these tags again!!



Some closeups of inking and colouring - yes still using pencils..... 


That's all for today, have a few more orders to finish and things to do outside ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment