Thursday, May 21, 2015

CraftyCutting Shadow Box - Design Team post

Hi everyone, a little late with a post than I wanted to be, but  I had been working on a project and delighted to showcase these gorgeous shadow boxes from CraftyCutting.
The theme I chose this time was Weddings.


Lots of photos in this post and if you have any questions about materials used, just ask by leaving me a comment.
I have used lots of different brands of dies and various materials including hessian / burlap I bought near the end of last year ... have been itching to do make the bunting with lace since buying the hessian, and delighted with how it turned out now.


I wanted to keep the project as clean and simple as possible but still decided to ink the papers to give the box a slightly aged / worn feel, without being too shabby!


You can see how deep these boxes are in this photo, and I raised the heart around a third of an inch from the back panel, still giving loads of depth for the flowers and without 'hiding' the heart shape.

The heart shape is also from CraftyCutting and can be seen on my last CraftyCutting post where I covered a mini heart shaped album - yep that's one of the die cut heart shaped pages! (use the labels on my blog to locate CraftyCutting projects)


A love themed Artemio stamp used to alter the dotty papers memento ink, after which the heart was distressed with Frayed Burlap distress ink.


One final photo to show the depth - I fussed a lot about where to hang the bunting as adding it the front seemed too obvious and I like the way it hangs inside the frame.
The lace was sewn onto the bunting with a sewing machine.


Will be back with more cards shortly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment