Friday, June 4, 2010

swaps

just a quick post before we head out into the sunshine for a walk by the seaside (and maybe a 99 with a flake!)
.. a couple of swap cards I sent to fellow crafters...
the first one was meant to be done in April (was just a little busy these last few weeks) and the theme was meant to be easter, so I thought hmm that's been and gone, but I could still use the stamp I wanted to, and make it a bit summery.
papers were freebies from card making and papercraft, flowers have four layers made with one punch - a fiskars blossom shape, leaves cut on the robo and of course one of my favourite penny black stamps..
the sentiment stamp was from an easter set from Darcie's range


this stamp set was using one of the Melanie Muenchinger / Gina K Range which I just keep going back to, as I love them all.
for this card I used one flower stamp and two different leaf stamps and masked the main flower after stamping that, before stamping leaves and the other two flower shapes, coloured in with twinkling H2O's and layered another image of the middle flower to give it a bit more depth, with stickles to finish
some more detail so you can see the layererd centre piece and the colouring

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful Jess but the blue one is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous, but I'm more partial to the Bunny one, if you don't mind me saying so...lol I just love the colours, the layout and those flowers are stunning! Well done! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete