Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Zodiac Samples for Crafters Companion - Aries and Taurus

Evening everyone, sorry been a bit quiet, but I succumbed to on of those winter bugs! Seems everyone has them :( Anyway onto the first of two posts with the Gemini zodiac dies and a couple of projects with them.




For this card I used:
Gemini Elements Zodiac Die - Taurus
Crafters Companion Classic Wreath Die Set
Crafters Companion Warm Blanket Embossing Folder
Sentiment sourced from various astrology sites
Added glitter card and a pearl to highlight the zodiac symbol

These dies are good for layering too, I cut the bull more than once and some of it in white card which I inked slightly, so the shoulders and forelegs are prominent and then the horns as well..


Card used is Pearlescent Centura in Mink and White with a hint of silver.


For someone who lives with a Taurus partner, the sentiment really rings true!! 


Next up is the fiery Aries star sign!


This one was made into a pyramid card, first time making one for me and they're super easy so why I don't make more, well who knows but I will do from now on...


the goodies used:
Gemini Elements Zodiac Die - Aries
Die'sire Decorative Frame 1
Papers from Enchanted Forest Paper Pad
Flourish Die from Sumptuous Swirls
Ribbon, liquid applique, brads from stash
Fired Brick and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink
Strictly Barbed Sheena Stencil
Sentiment from Say it with Words CC stamp set

One of the sides has a bar which holds a tag and the tag flips up for a place for a handwritten message




I specifically used red and the barbed mask as I thought that lends itself to the whole fiery theme..


OH and I dug out my liquid applique stuff which I applied and heated with a glue gun till it bubbled for the fleece effect on the ram's head - otherwise knows as fluffy stuff - remember YEARS ago when we all went mad over it for decorating sheep stamped cards?!


That's all for now, will be back with two more zodiac cards tomorrow, but I need to get the other 8 dies to experiment some more..

No comments:

Post a Comment