Thursday, March 26, 2015

MR Designs In The Garden Papers for a feminine horse racing card

Hi everyone, am back with a very different card - a tall order but I think I cracked it!?
A 'feminine' feel horse racing card is really hard to achieve, so when I came across Michelle's In the Garden papers, they were the perfect solution! Green, rural with the tiniest hint of a delicate white flower, and they were the answer to my needs - you can purchase the papers HERE if you fancy them.


I don't have any horseshoe dies :( so had to improvise with some spellbinders nested ovals, a brocade embossing folder and some distress ink to ''age'' the horseshoe.


Finished off with some flourishes and a post card which I designed in some graphics software (very basic skills used but I managed to use overlays in the form of a postcard wording in french and some stamps bought from an Etsy digi shop and added these to a vintage racing image to make the post card). The design of the postcard took a while, and happy with it so I might make some more


Inside view of the card and a close up photo so you can see the detail in the papers.
This card was heavily distressed and inked, using Peeled paint and vintage photo inks which accentuate the green shades of the digi papers.


No comments:

Post a Comment