Friday, December 7, 2018

Shaped Cut and Emboss Folders post #2 - all about the golds and coppers

Evening everyone, hope you liked yesterday's post :)  Back with some more of the cut and emboss shaped dies. First up is this little box which I made using the hexagonal shape frame called Vichy frame.


I cut it out of copper centura pear twice - for base and top - and then once in white card, added versamark and embossed with copper embossing powder, cutting down and layering over the top of a piece of acetate which was added to the copper frame to make a window.
The box was made with Hexagon Gift Box die set and papers from Crafters Companion website, free papers called Autumnal Delight October 2017



Some closeup photos for you. - make a smaller hexagonal strip and adhere to the box, moving the score lines a little, but using the box die as a guide.




I was chuffed with this simple little box and I think Fiona and the Hochanda presenters were too as they picked it up a few times during the shows LOL. I think it would make a fab gift box..


Secondly this evening I am sharing a wedding card in cream and gold centura with was patina highlights using the Biarritz Cut and Emboss Folder


I used the corners of the Frame to partially cut the layers - text is computer generated.
To achieve the multiple layered Frames, I cut the frame in gold and cream and hand cut the cream one slightly smaller to reveal the dotty ''studded'' gold layer underneath.






The inside has been made by cutting and replacing the cut bits - I really like this effect, it makes for an interesting insert.


Back later during the weekend with my Christmas card tutorial using the final Shaped cut and emboss folder, as I am working on new samples for up and coming products I know are going to be a hit. I am sooooo excited and so fortunate to work with other great designers for Crafters Companion, thanks everyone!

Phew ... then I can break for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment