Thursday, December 6, 2018

Shaped Cut and Emboss Folders post #1

Evening everyone, hope you are enjoying all the lovely new goodies from Crafters Companion and are on time with all your Christmas card makes!

I'm dropping in with my samples for the Cut and Emboss folders, and first up is the Lyon Frame, a white on white very CAS card.

I was astounded by these folders, having looked at but not bought the Provocraft ones years ago or the Marianne D ones.. These are far better, and the product development shows. Who would have thought you had the sandwich and combination correct to cut and emboss in one pass through a machine and evenly at that!?


I used Centura white card with a hint of silver - one of my most used ones at the moment, and leaves from Sheena Douglass In Full Bloom Fabulous Foliage set. the leaves were inked with memento green inks for a touch of faint colour.
You can find that die here and the frame cut and emboss die here.


The embossing folder on the layer is an old 8x8  embossalicious regency swirls folder which you might find on ebay, but there is an updated one here .


Next up is that folder AGAIN! LOL I do love it... and this is with the Priovence Frame found here.


I used some glamour dust to and some distress ink to highlight the folder - luscious!
The flourish die is called Sumptuous Swirls and the Love word die from a set called Opulent Swirls - the Opulent Swirls came with my Gemini Junior, so not sure if it cane be purchased separately, will need to find out.


Some closeup photos...



The next card is a very masculine one using the Normandy Cut and Emboss frame . The words are a die'sire essentials mini die which I found in the Crafters Companion shop in Evesham in the sale.


So this was an easel card design and I used a wax creme / patina in silver to accentuate the embossing..






Hope you can pop back for some more tomorrow. Pop me a comment if you like these or want to give some feedback, and for one of my next cut and emboss cards I have a demo coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment