Thursday, October 18, 2018

Crafters Companion Design Team - first brief with Adorables Stamp + Die Sets (Jayne Nestorenko)

Evening all, sorry its so late and this catch up is long overdue, but the ladies at Crafters Companion have certainly kept us busy with sample making, so be prepared for loads of updates over the next few days and weeks.

To new followers, welcome and feel free to browse older designs on this blog for inspiration or my pinterest board - my blog and pinterest board are divided into organised sections, and feel free to message me if you are looking for help and can't find what you're looking for, I'll do my best to help!

So onto my first challenge...

The Jayne Nestorenko Stamp and die sets are great for time saving if you like to cut out your stamped images but also versatile if you like to merge multiple stamps to create your own scenes or designs, as the dies drastically reduce the mask making process!

Stamps can be purchased HERE
Crafters Companion PINTEREST inspiration HERE
Crafters Companion website inspiration HERE

Please pop along and check the other Design Team Members samples - I love the little girl scene in the jar - pop along and you'll see what I mean!

I am dividing my samples into two posts as I have some stage photos to show which explain some techniques.

All items used for each card are listed in another colour on each post, as you will notice that I like to mix and match items from different sets 😊

First up is a very simple window aperture card, no special dies required, just a ruler cutting knife and pencil.
I used the A5 paper pad with this one (two sheets of the same design), and cut them to size so the cover and inside would match...simple yet effective dimensional technique.



Adorables by Jayne Nestorenko
Set called Planting Wishes
 Papers from 5x7 Adorables Scene Paper Pad  

 Coloured with distress inks

  


 Next up is another card with the little boy, simple A5 landscape card.


Adorables by Jayne Nestorenko
Set called Follow your Dreams
 Papers from 5x7 Adorables Scene Paper Pad  

inside decorated to carry theme through..


coloured with pencils


 

The next one is also along the childhood theme, and I love the summery feel of these stamps.




Adorables by Jayne Nestorenko
Set called Birthday Boy, Special Friend, By The Sea
Papers from 5x7 Adorables Scene Paper Pad



Coloured with pencils, and ribbon from stash


I used the balloon dies on their own for the balloon shapes, and the dotty card to follow through the dotty background theme.



Last one for this evening is a shabby chic girly card - love the lace and colours in this one


Adorables by Jayne Nestorenko
Set called Birthday Girl
 Coloured with Distress Inks and Pencil crayons
 Papers from Crafters Companion
Download of the Month Sept 18 Floral
 Edges distressed with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink

Here' how I planned my card before inking and colouring - a good idea to play around with elements first before you get stuck in!



some closeup images to show various elements - the downloadable papers from the CC website are fab - do take a look!






Hope you enjoyed the first batch, back with more in the next day or so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment