Sunday, July 22, 2018

C is for ...............Christmas

Hi everyone am back with some photos of the card I promised, and it's no secret I love Christmas! I was given these gorgeous Anna Marie Designs papers last year and I love them, great for inking, embossing, glittering etc as very good quality.

This is a scheduled post, so hope it works okay, as I completed the card before I have carpal tunnel surgery..

So onto the products I used (forgive me for not adding the box photo yet as I need to finish decorating that with ribbon when I regain sufficient strength).



12x6 inch box
12x6 inch card blank
Christmas jingle 8'' paper pad (6x6 would work as well)
stamens
ceramic effect white adhesive paint

From stash
Brown card
ivory satin ribbon
bakers twine
red paper
spellbinders poinsettia dies
Marianne D ivy dies
no name poinsettia embossing folder (magazine freebie?)
glitter
distress inks
memento inks

Firstly, I used the wood effect paper and brown card and cut to size to fit card blank (paper pad only 8x8 but design is clever so you can cut and add to make longer piece.


then embossed corners and distressed using scissors or distress tool


then inked using brushed corduroy distress ink


Next I added the ceramic effect, and whilst still wet added some glitter. 



Next time I will use a different ink or paint since the distress ink being water based, mixed and tinted the ceramic effect a little, which resulted in a slightly aged look and not the white I really wanted but still nice..  the difference you can see where the ink wasn't applied further into the centre of the paper..


next step is to make flowers.. yay!!
die cut, ink and crumple leaves and petals...
for green bits i used green pages from pad and for red I used backing paper from stash.
inks for green - memento bamboo leaves + cottage ivy
inks for red - memento rhubarb stalk

notice the difference below between inked and uninked..

  

adhere your flowers layer by layer, shaping and then insert stamens through centre
Note - i inked white stamen threads with bamboo green memento ink.
die cut a couple of ivy sprays and ink the veins with memento cocoa brown while die cuts are still in the die
Dip a few berries in ceramic effect and then glitter pot - this stuff is a two way wonder, adhesive and white stiff in one tub!!
now the fun after the preparation...

apologies for photo below but it was getting late and I was too excited to stop!!


 I was playing around with layout and chose a simple scroll / flag combination..

to assemble:
adhere the embossed inked glittered paper pad pieces to brown card,
wrap satin ribbon around                                                                
adhere the scrumpled (that's my new word BTW!) scroll / flag
adhere green raffia, then satin ribbon bow, then bakers twine
adhere the ivy leaves                                                        
adhere the flowers                                                     
 and finally the berries                                         


some more photos for you..


added some more white to tips of leaves too..


the paper sheet with let it snow text was a good sentiment rather than a stamped one, and the whole pad mixes well so decided to use that..


finished card..


That's all for today, will be another couple of weeks before I'm back as i have another couple of weeks until stitches are out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment