Saturday, July 7, 2018

Altered project and Fantabulous weather!

Well I've been absent and with good reason, what an amazing summer we're having and its only July!  This weather has to be a once in a few years event, surely?

The garden needs watering though and I cant remember when we last had rain, so we do need some soon, I think perhaps it'll happen next week and end up in a storm?? I've posted a few photos of my modest bedding plants in an array of home made wooden troughs (thanks to OH) and pots at the end of this post..just so you can nose if you're reading this post...

I was given a present of an mdf wine bottle box by a treasured friend who introduced me to Anna Marie Designs brand when I was back in Ireland, so I couldn't wait to visit the showroom and meet Anna Marie last year on my return to the UK. And being that I was only an hours drive away I visited and saw all the showroom samples and products and fell in love with it all.
I visiting the Create IT Events show in Leicestershire in June too, and had a good browse at all the stands, including Anna Marie's.

I started making altered items while on the Crafty Cutting Design team and loved that as it further challenged me beyond cards and I couldn't wait to finish the projects to see the end result, here's a link to the ones I had done before for those new to my blog.

Anyway when I saw the Anna Marie stuff I bought some additional items, and in here's a sneaky preview of the coasters and place mats I am altering, in addition to the wine bottle box.
I decided to use Wrendale Designs napkins (note these are copyrighted, so for personal use only and not to be used in items for sale).

Here are the products I'm using as well as an off white chalk paint - click on the photo for link to AMD's shop.



and here are the previews I'm sure you'll like

The wine bottle box comes flat ready for painting and assembly.



Painted with chalky paint and using a brush, introduce some of the Inka Gold steel blue shade


and the coasters in progress.. (sorry for the poor lighting but I have been doing some of these in the evening and got so carried away I forgot to take photos..


I will be back in a couple of days with the finished items, just finishing off and adding the Viva Decor KLARLACK Clear Coat (matt version), so they're drying and need a second coat tomorrow.

Some sunny flower pots as promised:









that's all for today, hugs!

Jess xx



1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see your crafty bits Jess. Those napkins are fabulous. Can't wait to see the finished items. Your flowers are fabulous too. K

    ReplyDelete