Saturday, September 15, 2012

Di's Digi Challenge and its a Christmas card


Hi everyone and its a bit late, but still hoping you are all enjoying your weekends!
I have a pastel Christmas card to share for Di's Digi Challenges, and the theme for the next fortnight is:


Hope you will join us as am sure there are loads of you who have dies and punches, with there being so many fantastic ones on the market at the moment (actually tooooo many.. its so tempting all the time!)

Here are some close up's of the card which you can see is a recessed aperture one - my current favourite and very easy card style at the moment.


The mirri card makes the recessed image really 'pop' and you can see the spine of the card, scored to accommodate the recess in the photo above.


My partially cut die cut poinsettia, a Marianne die, finished with Cheery Lynn Leaves (okay I know the leaves should be as big as the petals but I decided on smaller ones!)
I used flowersoft in yellow and polar white for the flowers and hat.


And another view - also the Poinsettia['s looked nicer in pink, so I decided to make them that colour LOL!
The medium used to colour this time wasn't anything I usually use, and I decided to use my watercolour tubes again (colours paynes grey, Chinese white, terre verte and permanent rose all Windsor and Newton watercolours).
The watercolouring on the digi image is hard, but I was very careful with the lines.

You can find the digi image by clicking on the picture below, and I will put up a tutorial tomorrow for changing the colours on digi lines (mine are grey on the card).




Hope you pop in tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, this is just gorgeous! I love the image and the pastel colours look fab. I really love the two tone poinsettia.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess that is just gorgeous I love that image and your soft colouring of it, its a beautiful card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete