Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tulips... looking forward to spring

...well I think they are tulips anyway. I made this quick card as I love black, yellow and white as a colour combo and I wanted to do something quick and easy and play with masking again.


The stamp set is a Gina K one I have used before and designed by Melanie Muenchinger, called a Year of Flowers available here.
I used one leaf, one stem and one flower bud stamp from the set, which was stamped onto paper or very thin card first and then cut out so I could use these to mask when I stamped multiple images on top of each other.. Stamped the left bud first, then masked and stamped the right one, masked both left and right then stamped the top one and masked the flowers again when stamping the stems and leaves.

If you look carefully you can see the stems are part of the white nestability cut out and I used the 'Image beyond the border technique' which you can find here.

The embossed black card is done with a cuttlebug folder and I added black pearls just to 'balance' everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment