Monday, February 7, 2011

London Fog Memento Ink has been bugging me for a while..

... because stamping in Black and Rich Cocoa is great for use with alcohol markers BUT the London Fog colour is a bit weak for certain stamped images and I cant always resort to Stazon Stone Grey, which shade is just right!

SO don't think I have gone mad, BUT I opened my re inking bottles for Memento inks and dropped some Tuxedo black into the London fog bottle (the top nozzle comes away if you wiggle it carefully (be careful not to pour ink all over the place!), closed the bottle, gave it a good shake and inked the London Fog ink pad VERY well, okay drenched it a bit (don't store upside down for a while!!)

 

The first tissue has an impression of the London Fog pad as bought, and the shade it comes out with (okay for colouring an image with pastels but nothing too heavy in colour).
The second tissue impression is after I topped up the reinker with a bit of tuxedo black, its a shade darker grey - about 4 or 5 drops should do it.

 Hope you find the tip useful and there is a difference between stamping an image in black or dark grey, its just not as harsh and is a little more subtle - I would stamp images in stone grey on things like baby cards, some wedding cards and religious or condolence stamped images look nicer in anything other than black.


No comments:

Post a Comment