Saturday, September 18, 2010

my first scrap layout

as promised, here is my scrapbook layout from last weekend, after I came home to finish it off and do the lettering. my robo isnt playing ball since I downloaded the new drivers, I cant seem to change the cutting speeds, so I did the lettering with funky foam and the hippie chick cubbtlebug alphabet.


This is my first LO, so if there are any obvious blunders, forgive me, but thanks to Charmaine I have a passion for something new and I am sure I can speak for the rest of the ladies in the workshop when I say we had a fabulous time - the time ran away with us but we didnt care, we were having a ball - thanks Char and I know we are going to be doing scrappy layout in a couple of months again, so cant wait for that!!

the flourish border used was from a quickutz cookie cutter border die in case anyone is wondering - its one off my favourites because you can use thwe hole 12'' or you can cut it and make your own shapes

I hope my Gran doesnt see the pic of this layout until she gets it and I just hope it arrives safely - I am sending it all the way to South Africa next week and I know she will treasure it cos my Grandad is no longer with us, and this is such a beautiful picture of a special couple.



2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful - bet your Gran will love it. Fantastic LO - can't believe it's your first. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the best Jess - it's lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete