Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthdays & May workshop cards

just a few assorted cards to show you, some of which are from the workshop (trying to post in themes at the mo) - these are all different so put them all together on this post.. so its going to be a bit of a long one!!

the first couple are using stampendous Changito monkey stamps and going along with the monkey theme, I designed a banana border on the robo.. bnit of colouring, glitter and glossy accents and these were the two cards in the end
the next couple of cards (ahem there is a Forever friends theme developing here) are using one of the FF stamps and partial cuttlebug embossing (embossed after stamping to get the line up correct) .. the balloon was made by stamping that part of the stamp onto the pink card, cutting it out, and mounting it and then making dots for the shine with a white gel pen.

more forever friends cards, and this time I embossed the middle section of a piece of grape coloured pearlescent card after having punched the edges, used pearls and liquid pearls to highlight the embossed flowers and that was it - a simple card!

mens cards - seeing as fasthers day is around the corner and there are plenty of handyman/ diy Dads out there, I made these suitable for Fathers Day or for birthdays and found the most adorable tool brads Marina's shop (see contact details in left hand column) last month and of course Iknew they would go so well with these images. the papers are from cpi canon website (the wood effect paper and the tartan in browns) and the tool backing papers are from scrapbookingmad.com.

these two bithday / belated birthday cards were made with one of the first stamps I bought (little did I know at the time how much I would learn to love stamping!!) and its a Penny Black one called Scooter Dog..
I love that stamp and use it for all sorts of things!! papers are from scrapbookingmad.com again

the following three 'cards' are acutally money wallet / vouchers.
I have seen mens wallet and ladies purse effect cards but cant remember seeing the ones below anywhere, and that doesn't mean to say nobody else has had the idea!!

it came to me the other day when I was giving someone vouchers (we tend to give money or vouchers a lot now rather than presents people dont like / want or we dont know what to buy!)

the papers I got from a couple of sources and the 'card' is made with one A4 sheet, so its really easy. the closure is done with magents which are hidden inside or under the papers. I will no doubt make more of these for weddings, christmas etc so I will be putting up a tutuorial if anyone wants one (let me know if anyone does as we had great fun in the workshop making them!!

the first is a picture of the inside of the wallet, the rest are three I have made thus far..
the little puppy hiding in the parcel stamp was a freebie set from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine as was designed by Adam Pescott

balloon papers from scrapbookingmad.com and their sister site cardmakingdownloads.com - here and here


the papers for this one were from The Elemental Pixie's Blog here - absolutely stunning papers on there thanks so much Angie

last but not least of all some MORE butterfly cards this time in brown and turquoise with cream, some stickles etc and hey presto! just cant tear myself away from these butterflies so expect to see more!!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fab cards Jess - I particularly love the last one with the butterfly and the 2 with the dogs on .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd ....I thought I was doing ok posting TWO cards on my blog ....wow! you put me to shame...love em'...the monkeys so cute and fab butterflies..
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete