Monday, May 2, 2011

Meslyn May DT Challenge - Pink / Lemon and White

A month has been and gone already and its another monthly chlallenge at Making it with Meslyn.

The colours this month are reminiscent of summer days and ice cream, and with the weather warm and sunny, I hope this inspires you to join in our challenge which you can find HERE.

Here's my card, which I wanted to use as a sympathy or Birthday card and use the 'new' retired stamp from PB Stamps - yes its a Penny Black stamp called Peonies and its new for me as I only bought it recently!


...and here's a closeup of the colouring and tiny bit of layering to lift the petals a little...


The punch used is a Fiskars Border Corner one called Read Between the Vine - they are versatile and easy to use - measure in 1 inch increments and use the 'steps' on the punch to punch away.

Here is a link to a you tube video as there are others in the range like the hearts one which is just beautiful.

1 comment: