Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Beginnings and a New Challenge

Am a bit late posting this one - was meant to be yesterday but I was in the mood for spring cleaning so sorry its a bit late!!   Its the first for the new year, and the Making it with Meslyn Challenge this month is Something New - to try a new technique for the first time, or use one you have recently tried and loved, so a perfect way to start 2011.

On to the technique then, my good friend Karina pointed me in the direction of a post on Kathy's Daily Marker blog, and after seeing something similar in the second edition of Magnolia magazine I was excited to have a go. I loved this the first time I tried it, and instead of making the whole sky blue though, I first stuck on some peel off stars and dots and then distressed the sky (I like the way it turned out but want to do some more with some different colours too).

To add stickles make sure the ink is dry (took a deep breath hoping this wouldn't mix or run) and then its fine and adds some sparkle to the stars.

If you would like to purchase the digi image called 'Celebration Time' then hop over to Di's Digi Downloads.


Here is a closeup of the distressing and colouring which was done with twinkling H2O's


 
Making it with Meslyn has a prize up for grabs for the winner of this months challenge, PLUS there is the opportunity to be picked for a GUEST DT slot, so go on and take the challenge here.

I am also entering this card in Mojo Monday Challenge as I liked the sketch for this week




6 comments:

  1. Wowza Jess! I love, love LOVE the background (sky). Gorgeous card Hun!
    All the best for 2011
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy NY Jess.

    Liking the way you have used your new tecnique it's come out lovely

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, love this - so stunning.

    Happy New Year to you and yours. All the best for 2011.

    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you & Peter Jess and I hope it brings all you wish for.

    Your card is adorable and I love the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the image it's adorable and your colouring is wonderful.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess
    Love this hun, so sorry i missed the post its a fab card!
    hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete